Effective Date: November 14, 2022
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and us, including, without limitation, electronic communications through the Website.
- Through software, including, without limitation, mobile applications, that you download from the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any website operated by third parties; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
1. Data Acquisition
In order to help us personalize and continually improve your experience at the Website, we may gather certain types of information. The types of information we gather are:
- Email Communications: We store all email or similar electronic correspondence between you and the Website in order to improve your future experiences. We may use your contact information in order to send you email or other communications regarding updates at the Website.
- Blog/Testimonials/Photos: The Website may contain publicly accessible blogs, testimonials, or photo galleries. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from a blog, testimonial or photo gallery, contact us at the email address set forth in Section 12 below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
2. How We Use Information We Gather
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To communicate with you and to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To improve or services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To seek to detect, investigate and prevent illegal activities or activities that may violate our policies.
- For direct marketing by us for internal market research.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
This Website may provide information to third party advertisers to assist in the marketing to users of third-party products or services relating to our tours.
3. Disclosure of Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates for various purposes.
- To contractors and service providers we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- To third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our tours and business activities or who provide products or services to you as part of our tour packages and related business activities.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- When we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
We DO NOT control and are not responsible for any information provided to or disseminated by administrators or other users.
We use the information you provide when registering for a tour or placing a purchase order to fulfill the registration or purchase order. We do not share this information with third parties except as needed to fulfill that registration or purchase. We use the information you provide about someone else when registering for a tour or placing a purchase order to fulfill that registration or purchase. We will not share this information with third parties except as needed to complete registration or fulfill a purchase order.
4. Access and Choice
You may request deletion or correction of your personal information by contacting us by email or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You have the right to:
request information about your personal information that we process. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, category of personal information, categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data if we have not collected it, and about the existence of automated decision-making including profiling, and, where applicable, meaningful information about the details thereof;
immediately request the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal information relating to you stored by us;
request the erasure of personal information relating to you stored by us, unless processing is required for the exercising of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of the public interest, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
request the restriction of processing of your personal information in the event that you decline its erasure and we no longer need the data but you require it for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
receive the personal information relating to you that you have provided to us in a structured, established, and machine-readable format, or to request the transfer of the same to another controller;
at any time revoke any consent you have provided to us, which will result in us no longer continuing to process the data to which this consent relates, and lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority.
5. Public Areas of the Website
Some areas of the Website may be public areas. These are OPEN PUBLIC FORUMS and must be treated as such. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Choosing to make your information public is exactly what it sounds like: anyone, including persons outside of the website, will be able to see it. The company does not guarantee the accuracy or your safety when posting on any of these forums.
6. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information including a variety of privacy and security policies, processes and procedures, including administrative, physical and technical safeguards that we deem to reasonably and appropriately protect the integrity and availability of the personal information that it creates, receives, maintains or transmits. In addition, we endeavor encrypt the transmission of such personal information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavor to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
7. Third Party Websites
The Website may contain links to third party websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use, and share your information.
Widgets and Social Media Features
Open ID Provider
You may be able to log in to the Website through sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate certain forms on the Website. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on the Website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
8. Children Under the Age of 13
9. Data Retention
10. Mobile Privacy
When you download or use our mobile applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device, such as GPS coordinates. We automatically receive and record information on our server from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, browser type, operating information, device and application IDs, and cookie information. We will not use any information collected directly for advertising purposes. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device's setting's menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your particular device.
12. Contact Information
The Website is operated by Educational Opportunities Tours, Inc., which developed and owns the content on the Website. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timothy F. Brown
Educational Opportunities Tours, Inc.
5725 Imperial Lakes Blvd.
Mulberry, FL 3386